Tour 5 is a 10 day tour which extends Tour 1 by 3 days. (View Tour 1 details here)
- an extra day and night in Marrakech at the beginning or the end of the tour, perhaps to visit the picturesque Ourika valley and a saffron farm there for lunch as a day trip, or to do a perfume-making or cooking class in the Medina of Marrakech, or to visit an artisinal cooperative at Tameslouht 30 minutes from Marrakech where you can buy carpets made from prickly pear silk (amongst other things)
- an extra day and night in Midelt to break up the long drive between Merzouga and Fez, and
- an extra day and night to do a detour and visit the Ouzoud waterfalls and the charming local river community close by, en route to Marrakech at the conclusion of your holiday with us. (*Please note that the option of a detour to the non-touristy but picturesque, artisanal village of Boujad on your way from Fez referred to in the Tour 1 description may only be feasible here if there is still enough time *before* sunset to enjoy the Ouzoud waterfall community experience later the same day. This will in turn depend on the time of year, how you are feeling about it and also on your driver’s view of things.).
Note:– To drive directly from Fez to Marrakech takes about 7 hours. To drive from Fez to the waterfalls is about 5 hours and then to drive from the waterfalls to Marrakech the next day takes about 3 hours.
Please note our tour prices rise each year on 1 July so book your tour before then!
Tour 5 Prices*
|Group size||Price per person (AUD)|
|1 person / 2 people||$5270 / $3560|
|3 people / 4 people||$3380 / $2850|
|5 people +||$2670|
* For an upgrade from 3-star plus (which we think is very nice) to luxury 5-star accommodation, there is an additional fee.
Customise Your Tour
We can easily customise this tour for you. You may wish us to:
- Arrange the tour in the opposite direction
- Arrange airport pickup and an extra day and night for the day of arrival in Morocco, to settle in
- Add an extra day and night in the Sahara (so 4 nights in total)
- Add an extra day and night in your final Moroccan city to do any last minute shopping and to ready yourself for your flight
- Arrange airport drop-off.
Interested in this tour?
Simply send a booking enquiry, call or email us to find out more.
ADVICE: After a long-haul flight from Australia, we suggest you recuperate for a couple of days in Marrakech before starting the tour.
It has been some time now that I have wanted explore Morocco and am hoping to go 2021. I was delighted when Cara, who is a client of mine, started this company, as I love her quirky approach to life and her artistic knowledge. She has been sending me little snippets, photos and tips and I love them all. I know that when I am ready she will design a tour that is perfect for me – filled with colour, food delights, architectural splendour, art, & unique handicrafts…..that are a little off the beaten track! And especially if she is my guide, no doubt it will be humorous & fun. Really looking forward to it. Gessica